NBA Unveils Complete 2017/18 Broadcast Schedule
As the new NBA season is very quickly approaching, the NBA finally released its complete broadcasting schedule for the upcoming year for TNT, ABC, ESPN, NBATV, and ESPN Radio.
After announcing its Opening Week and Christmas day marquee matchups, the league had a few more surprises up their sleeves for NBA fans. On Martin Luther King Day, the Golden State Warriors will meet the Cleveland Cavaliers for the second and final time, while later in the evening, Chris Paul will make his return to Los Angeles as the Houston Rockets will take on the Clippers in what should be a highly-anticipated contest.
Speaking of returns, Paul George will make his way back to Indiana for the first time since the blockbuster trade on December 13. Jimmy Butler makes his return to ‘The Windy City’ on February 9 as part of the Minnesota Timberwolves, and Gordon Hayward can be seen back in Salt Lake City on March 28 – yeah, Utah Jazz fans will really have to wait this one out.
Some of the other marquee matchups as provided by NBA Communications are listed below:
· Week 1: NBA TV openers (Saturday, Oct. 21) – NBA TV tips off its regular-season coverage with a doubleheader: Golden State at Memphis in the first game (8 p.m. ET) and the Phoenix Suns at the Clippers in the second game (10:30 p.m. ET).
· Week 2: New Orleans at Sacramento (Thursday, Oct. 26, 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT) – Three-time All-Star DeMarcus Cousins makes his first visit to Sacramento since last season’s trade to the Pelicans.
· Week 3: Cleveland at Washington (Friday, Nov. 3, 7 p.m. ET, ESPN) – The teams played one of the most memorable games of the 2016-17 season, a 140-135 overtime win for the Cavaliers on Feb. 6, 2017, in Washington.
· Week 5: Philadelphia at L.A. Lakers (Wednesday, Nov. 15, 10:30 p.m. ET, ESPN) – The top two picks in NBA Draft 2017 presented by State Farm – the 76ers’ Markelle Fultz (No. 1) and the Lakers’ Lonzo Ball (No. 2) – meet in the regular season for the first time.
· Week 8: Miami vs. Brooklyn (Saturday, Dec. 9, 6 p.m. ET, NBA TV) – NBA Mexico City Games 2017 concludes with the Heat playing the Nets at the Arena Ciudad de Mexico.
· Week 9: Dallas at Golden State (Thursday, Dec. 14, 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT) – Two-time Kia NBA MVP Stephen Curry of the Warriors goes head-to-head with his brother, emerging guard Seth Curry of the Mavericks (career-high 12.8 points per game last season).
· Week 13: Boston vs. Philadelphia (Thursday, Jan. 11, 3 p.m. ET, NBA TV) – The Celtics and 76ers meet in NBA London Game 2018 at The O2.
· Week 14: Oklahoma City at Cleveland (Saturday, Jan. 20, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC) – ABC’s only Saturday afternoon game on the schedule precedes the season premiere of NBA Saturday Primetime on ABC that night.
· Week 16: L.A. Lakers at Oklahoma City (Sunday, Feb. 4, 2 p.m. ET, ABC) – Kia NBA MVP Russell Westbrook of the Thunder headlines the season debut of NBA Sunday Showcase on ABC, one of the network’s five games on a Sunday afternoon.
Meanwhile, the Toronto Raptors will open up their season taking on the new-look Chicago Bulls.
Now the wait for the opening tip-off begins!