Pistons’ Avery Bradley Suspected of Sexual Assault, Denies Allegations
Things are not looking good for Avery Bradley as his 2017 comes to a close.
The Detroit Pistons shooting guard, according to TMZ reports, entered a confidential agreement with a woman who accused him of sexually assaulting her in Cleveland earlier in the year. While a member of the Boston Celtics, the event was said to have occurred on May 23, while the Celtics were taking on the Cleveland Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference Finals. The victim claims to have been drunk and passed out, when the then, 26-year old Bradley took advantage of her.
According to Cleveland police Sgt., Jennifer Ciaccia, there are no records of the allegation in their database.
The alleged victim was a reality television star, but that is as much information as has been reported by TMZ. Bradley’s lawyer told TMZ sports that Bradley “adamantly denies all wrongdoing” and apparently entered into the confidential agreement to prevent false information reaching the public eye.
“Mr. Bradley absolutely denies having engaged in wrongdoing whatsoever,” Said Brian Wolf, Bradley’s attorney. “The confidentiality agreement specifically refutes and denies the validity of all allegations of any wrongful conduct by Mr. Bradley. The sole purpose of the agreement was to protect the reputation and privacy of Mr. Bradley and his family. My office will take all appropriate action against all persons involved in the wrongful disclosure of this agreement. We will conduct a thorough investigation into who is responsible for this wrongful disclosure.”
According to reports, the agreement negotiations have at one point reached $400,000. On the season, the seven-year veteran is averaging 15.7-points per game while shooting 41.4% from long range in his first season with the Pistons.