With All-Decade Teams Announced, Who Cracks the Team Next Decade?
Last week, the NBA released its All-Decade Teams for the past decade.
A star-studded list of 15 of the best players to have stepped on the court since the 2009-10 season included the likes of LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, and Anthony Davis. Despite maybe a little bit of recency bias, it’s near impossible to disagree with any of the inclusions.
All 15 names will surely be Hall of Famers once all is said and done.
The NBA’s All-Decade teams.
You agree? 👀
— Complex Sports (@ComplexSports) August 5, 2019
That being said, the list got us thinking.
Not only did it help inspire our All-Decade Raptors teams, but it has also aided us in thinking about the decade that is to come. As we enter the 2019-20 season, we have decided to predict the three All-Decade Teams that will eventually be announced prior to the onset of the 2029-30 season.
The new NBA season is set to begin in just over two months and we expect a few names to carry some lofty expectations on their shoulders, so they best not mess this one up. Our name and integrity is on the line, so here goes nothin’!
All-Decade First Team
- PG – Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
- SG – James Harden, Houston Rockets
- SF – Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
- PF – Zion Williamson, New Orleans Pelicans
- C – Anthony Davis, Los Angeles Lakers
All-Decade Second Team
- PG – Ben Simmons, Philadelphia 76ers
- SG – Luka Doncic, Dallas Mavericks
- SF – Cameron Reddish, Atlanta Hawks
- PF – Michael Porter Jr., Denver Nuggets
- C – Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota Timberwolves
All-Decade Third Team
- PG – Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks
- SG – Bronny James Jr., TBD
- SF – LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers
- PF – Kristaps Porzingis, Dallas Mavericks
- C – Nikola Jokic, Denver Nuggets